General & Disciplinary Rules of the School
- Students must be in the school premises by 6.30 a.m. for the assembly. Students who reach the school late will have to wait behind the assembly, and their names will be noted. Regular late coming shall be notified to the parent, who may be asked to give reasons and take remedial action. If this fails, a note will be made in the Report Card.
- It is compulsory for every child to come to the school neatly dressed in full school uniform. Children not in uniform my not be permitted in the classroom.
- Ornaments and jewellery of any kind (necklaces, earrings, rings, brooches, etc.) are not allowed in the school. Students should refrain from using any cosmetic products.
- Hair colouring by students (Girsl & Boys) is prohibited at all times. Boys should always sport short hair. No trendy haircut will be allowed. Girls should always keep their hair plaited using black or white hair band for long hair or sport a ponytail for short hair, they are not allowed to keep hair open or sport any hair style.
- The use of fountain pens is allowed only from Grade V upwards. Use of Fine Point pens should be discouraged as they spoil the handwriting of the children.
- Students must come to the school with lessons revised and homework done. All the books required for the day, a properly equipped pencil box and material for drawing should be brought to school as per the Time Table.
- Students should take care of their personal belongings and are advised not to carry any valuables to school. The school shall not be responsible for any loss or damage of their personal belongings.
- Students should help maintain their own class and the school premises spotlessly clean, using the bins provided for trash.
- All students are responsible to the school authorities for their behaviour in the school premises. Strict discipline should be maintained.
- Availing leave during working days is strongly discouraged. Parents are responsible to make up for the loss of the studies in case of leave availed. The school expects these students to be at par with class in every way and that must be ensured by the parents.
- Any damage done to the school property in and around the premises will have to be replaced / repaired by the defaulter/s, as required by the school. The decision of the Principal in this matter will be final.
- Children are required to communicate in English at all times except during language classes when they are expected to use the language being taught. Students should use only decent and polite language.
- There must be no screaming, running or playing in the classroom or corridors at any time.
- Students are required to be attentive in the class, work quietly and follow the instructions of the teachers.
- Students who lose/damage their report cards will be charged an amount of SR. 10/- for a duplicate copy.
- Students are not allowed to leave the school premises during the school hours without the Principal’s permission.
- Parents and Guardians are not allowed to see their children or meet the teachers during school hours without prior permission from the Principal. Parents may take an appointment to meet the teachers at a mutually convenient time.
- Trust is an integral part of IIPS and should exist between parents, teachers and students. Lying, cheating or stealing will be treated as a serious offence.
- Transportation Service is outsourced. Students availing transport facility should follow transportation rules and regulations.
- Students are not allowed to carry mobile phones or any other electronic gadgets/devices to school, on any occasion. if found the same will be confiscated by the authorities.
- If children are sick or suspected to be infected by any contagious disease, they should not be sent to scholol. Leave for such instances can be obtained by parents by informing the class teacher in advance.
- School entrences are monitored by CCTV camera and Security staff is available at gates. Students are allowed to leave only if accompanied by parents. For children leaving by their own or any other means, special written permissions should be obtained from school in advance.
- Children shoukd not board or deboard a vehicle that parked or stopped improperly or properly or dangerously. Ensure the pick and drop of your ward from the designated areas safely, without obstructing traffic. Any student found in violation will be liable for a fine of SAR 50.
Note: Contravention/violation of the above rules, repeated misbehaviour and indiscipline of a serious nature may lead to serious consequences, including suspension / expulsion.
A Word to Parents
Parents expect quality education from IIPS and in order to provide it, we count on parents to be partners along with students and staff to create the right learning environment and to develop each student’s potential for learning and success, and to abide by the following guidelines:
- Please ensure that your child reaches the school in time for the assembly and is regular in school. Consistent late coming and absenteeism affects the child’s progress.
- Please ensure that your child/children come to school well groomed and dressed in complete school uniform.
- Parents are requested to facilitate implementation of the school’s rules and regulations by encouraging proper conduct by the children at all times and to prevent untruly and disruptive behaviour.
- Parents are advised to check the school diary everyday. They should ensure that the homework assigned is completed on time, and sign the diary. Please respond promptly to any remark/suggestion made by the teacher.
- The school diary is a wonderful channel for communication between the school and the parents. Its optimum utilization would help in the smooth functioning of the school. Parents may also communicate via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please take care to attend the Parent Teacher Meetings scheduled every term to meet the respective teachers and review the progress of your child.
- Parents may meet the Principal / teachers to discuss any relevant issues by taking prior appointment.
- We encourage your positive feedback and look forward to your enthusiastic support and participation in all the school activities.
A Word to Students
- Always note down the work assigned and the due date in your diary. Develop the habit of making your own time table and follow it regularly.
- Please complete the home-work and assignments regularly. Studying on a regular basis is the key to success.
- Make it a point to revise the lessons as soon as you go home. Use your weekend for revising the lessons you learnt during the week.
- Refer encyclopedia and other reference books that stimulate your curiosity and supplement your knowledge about a topic. Consult your teacher in case you encounter difficulties.
- Remember to treat yourself, your friends and your teachers with respect.