INTERNATIONAL INDIAN PUBLIC SCHOOL – RIYADH
20 November 2017 Circular No.: IIPS/Cir/17-18/207
Word Search/Crossword Puzzle Competition:Grade II
We would like to inform you that the Word Search / Crossword Puzzle Competition for the students of Grade II will be held on Sunday, 10 December 2017. These activities are taken up to initiate children into developing their reasoning power and the art of brainstorming. Furthermore, it also helps the development of cognitive skills of the students.
- In Word Search Competition, students will be given a square grid, in which each box will have a letter. Students are supposed to find the given words and circle them in the grid. The words may have been placed vertically, horizontally, or diagonally.
- The Crossword Puzzle Competition will be like normal puzzles, and children will be expected to complete the puzzle using the given clues (either statement or pictorial). The words will be taken, from their curriculum and general vocabulary (day to day usage). For e.g., names of days, months, body parts, etc.
The child who takes the least time to find the given words and fill up the Word Search / crossword puzzle, with the maximum correct entries will be the winner.
We have already started doing these activities so that children become aware of what is expected of them.
We are sending this notice so that you can train your child at home too. Towards this end, we will be sending worksheets with the students so that they get enough practice.
Wishing you some puzzle solving days ahead!!
M. Abdul Azeez
Portion for the Crossword Puzzle Competition
1) English : Adverbs, Opposites (II Term) and Plurals
2) Math : Time, Division
3) EVS : Lessons – 15, 17, 24
4) General Knowledge : Pages- 8,10,12,13,24,28,29,42,48,49
5) General Questions of their level